Harnessing aquaculture for healthy diets – Webinar
February 15, 2021
Read the policy brief here.
Monday 15th February 2021, 12.00PM GMT / 14.00PM CEST / 07.00am EST
The Global Panel on Agriculture and Food Systems for Nutrition is pleased to launch its latest policy brief, Harnessing Aquaculture for healthy diets.
This brief highlights the contribution of aquaculture to nutrition, economic growth, and employment in low- and middle-income countries. It provides guidance for policymakers on strengthening the role aquaculture plays in improving access to affordable nutrient-rich foods and makes a series of recommendations to expand sustainable practices within the sector.
Watch the recording of this launch below, for a panel of global food system experts and aquaculture experts, who discussed policy priorities for strengthening the understanding of the role of aquaculture within food systems.
12:00pm GMT: Introductions
- Prof. Sandy Thomas, Director, Global Panel – Moderator
- Sir John Beddington, Chair, Global Panel
- Dr. Gareth Johnstone, Director-General, WorldFish
- Dr. Andrew Thorne-Lyman & Prof. Patrick Webb, Harnessing aquaculture for healthy diets
12:35pm: Perspectives on the brief
- Dr. Shakuntala Thilsted, WorldFish
- Dr. Sunila Rai, Agriculture and Forestry University, Nepal
- Dr. Sloans Chimatiro, MwAPATA Institute, Malawi
13:05pm: Question and Answer Session
Join the conversation on Twitter using #Aquaticfoods and #FoodSystems during the webinar.