Policy brief launch: improving diets in an era of food market transformation
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and the Global Panel on Agriculture and Food Systems for Nutrition launched the policy brief: “Improving diets in an era of food market transformation: Challenges & opportunities for engagement between the public and private sectors”.
This discussion, framed by the six questions posed in the Global Panel policy brief, seeked to explore opportunities to build much more ambitious and effective links between the public and the private sectors to help improve the food environment, and enable better dietary choices.
The panel included:
- Daniel Gustafson, Deputy Director-General, Programmes, FAO
- Anna Lartey, Director, Nutrition and Food Systems Division, FAO
- Sir John Beddington, Co-Chair, Global Panel on Agriculture and Food Systems for Nutrition & Former UK Chief Scientific Adviser
- Tom Arnold, Global Panel Member & Former Director General, Institute of International and European Affairs (IIEA)
- Prof. Patrick Webb, Technical Adviser to the Global Panel & Prof, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy
- Corrado Finardi, Senior Policy Adviser, Coldiretti
- Arthur Muliro Wapakala, Deputy Managing Director, Society for International Development (SID), Representative of Civil Society Nutrition Group
- Steve Godfrey, Director, Policy & External Relations, GAIN
- Marcela Villarreal, Director, Partnerships and South-South Cooperation Division, FAO