Foodex event – Global warming: is meat to blame?
The meat industry is under pressure as some campaigners urge the public to stop eating meat to beat global warming. What are the implications of reducing meat in our diets and does the evidence provide the basis for informed decision making around the world to help mitigate climate change?
Speakers for the seminar are:
- Prof Robert Pickard, Retired Director of British Nutrition Foundation
- Prof Sandy Thomas, Director, Global Panel on Agriculture and Food Systems for Nutrition
- Roger Roberts, Food & Drink Specialist
- Dr Muyiwa Akintoye, Head of Research and Development, Quorn Foods
- Isabelle Kelly, Research Associate (Nutritional Behaviour Change), Marlow Foods Ltd/Leeds Beckett University
- Rod Addy, Editor, Meat Trades Journal