Annual Global Panel Meeting – Day 4
The one day senior-level workshop was convened to identify opportunities and potential action for policymakers in Ghana and the region. It followed the High-Level Roundtable, which was held the day before.
The meeting fostered a deeper understanding of the issues for policy makers surrounding the nexus of food, agricultural systems and nutrition, drawing on lessons from Ghana and other countries. It also shared a high-level vision of future malnutrition challenges in the regional context. The discussion focussed on concrete actions to guide sustainable nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive policy development.
The workshop was led by Sandy Thomas, Director of the Global Panel. Short presentations were given by:
- Ms Emmy Simmons, Global Panel member
- Dr Victor Ajieroh, Senior Advisor on Food Security and Nutrition, Office of the Honorable Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Nigeria
- Francis Zotor, President of the African Nutrition Society
- Dr. Stefan Kachelriess-Matthess, GIZ
- Jeff Waage, Director of the London International Development Centre, and Technical Adviser to the Global Panel
The workshop was attended by senior representatives of the government, stakeholders, academics and Global Panel members.