Foodex event - Global warming: is meat to blame?
Tuesday, April 19 2016, 13:00-13:45, Director Sandy Thomas attended a seminar on meat and global warming. This session is part of a series of live events taking place at Foodex, a trade event for the food and drink processing, packaging, ingredients and logistics industries taking place in Birmingham, 18-20 April 2016.
The meat industry is under pressure as some campaigners urge the public to stop eating meat to beat global warming. What are the implications of reducing meat in our diets and does the evidence provide the basis for informed decision making around the world to help mitigate climate change?
Speakers for the seminar are:
- Prof Robert Pickard, Retired Director of British Nutrition Foundation
- Prof Sandy Thomas, Director, Global Panel on Agriculture and Food Systems for Nutrition
- Roger Roberts, Food & Drink Specialist
- Dr Muyiwa Akintoye, Head of Research and Development, Quorn Foods
- Isabelle Kelly, Research Associate (Nutritional Behaviour Change), Marlow Foods Ltd/Leeds Beckett University
- Rod Addy, Editor, Meat Trades Journal